The Piaget Altiplano Ultimate Concept watch – let’s call it the AUC : was first introduced as a kind of horological experiment in 2018, and at the time, there was no real intention expressed by Piaget to make it a regular production watch. It was and is almost absurdly thin – at 2mm overall, it is actually thinner than most watch movements. There are quite a few technical problems, to put it mildly, which have to be addressed in making a watch this flat. For one thing, the majority of watches that have pushed thinness to this level have had cases so toned that they tend to bend when the watch is strapped onto the arm, which historically has been one of the major limiting factors in how slim a watch can actually get. When I saw the actual AUC within 2018 in SIHH, I found it irresistibly intriguing. I have always had a soft spot for ultra-thin watches, and historically, Piaget has been among the industry’s leaders. But I have to be open, I did not expect it, ever, to become a regular production watch – and if anyone experienced asked me, I would have given Piaget exactly a snowball’s chance inside hell of ever making it commercially available. (We were actually asked, at first, to not handle the prototypes at all, which did little to infuse any confidence that it would be anything you could actually buy. )

However , meraviglioso dictu, haha is. It's not only available to purchase as a series-produced watch (though I can’t imagine that they plan on making very many of them per year), it is also customizable. You can, if you want bragging rights for wearing the thinnest mechanical view ever made, specify your choice of colors for the subdial for the time, the movement plate, the finale of the hands, and even the tip of the strap. According to Piaget, there are over 10, 000 possible combining, which means that in the extremely unlikely event that you meet someone else who is also wearing one, chances are you are guaranteed to not need that Met Gala moment of horror where another person is wearing the same outfit. Piaget Altiplano Ultimate Concept enjoy has a very strong presence throughout high jewelry watches, as well as historically, that has been a big part of the brand’s identity. But in the particular 1960s, it was also a leader in creating ultra-thin actions, including the automatic caliber 12P and the hand-wound caliber 9P. These were record-setting movements at the time and today, they are still, even by modern standards, remarkable constructions; they were some of the slimest really practical mechanical motions constructed. There were attempts to make flatter activities, including the late and largely unlamented Lassale calibers (which were so thin that servicing them generally meant throwing all of them out, as you couldn’t open the watch case without damaging them beyond repair). But in terms associated with movements you could actually use every day, Piaget had few rivals with ultra-thin the making of watch. At 2mm thin, typically the 1957 caliber 9P remains one of the most in the past important ultra-thin movements, and while the ultra-thin wars have heated up considerably in recent years, the Altiplano Ultimate Idea watch is going in front of the pack, at least for now, in absolute thinness. This feat is actually achieved through a number of unusual technical features. For one, often the movement will be integrated directly into the case, that Piaget Altiplano Ultimate Principle watch acts as the motion plate. The problem of hardness has been resolved by making the case, not out of conventional horological industry materials, but alternatively, a excellent cobalt alloy. The motion works and also hands have been suppressed into the movement so that they lie on the same plane as the going train, and the blue crystal is a whisper-thin 0. 2mm. It is, in a word, a most extraordinary technical achievement, and one which usually aesthetically has a presence that has no rival, at least for the time being. If the recent years have taught us anything, it is that a sufficiently determined Piaget Altiplano Ultimate Strategy watch watchmaker can break records heretofore considered unassailable. But it is very difficult, yet, for me to imagine anyone banging the AUC from its throne in the next few months.
oris artelier s 38 watch replica
gucci watches replica
g shock watches copy
replica Hermes watches
TAG Heuer Carrera Chronosprint x Porsche Replica
replica rolex datejust 41 watch
https://www.fashionreviewprice.com/images/1760-401-3A-3A.jpg